Thursday, December 20, 2012

Chewing Lab

In this class, we did a chewing lab to see what foods took longer to chew, and how long it actually took someone to chew something. It was a pretty neat thing to do, especially being one of the test subjects, eating all of the yummy food! :) We had people bring in many different foods to test. The person I just so happened to chose was Whitney, and the graphs I did of her were her PB and celery, pickle, and chips and guac. We had a EKG plugged into the computer and had electrode tabs on the test subject and cords running from the tab to the EKG box. When making my graph, I simply just went to the highest point on each graph, and the lowest point and subtracted the two to get the averages.

Here is one of the graphs that I used to get the data from:




Here is a graph of Whitney's Data:



This was a pretty fun lab to do. It was cool to compare the different foods and see what foods take more to chew than others!

No comments:

Post a Comment